Rajasthan, the princely state of Indian Territory was the abode of Rajas before independence. Pronouncing the word Rajasthan, a picturesque view of the sand dunes, a panoramic view of the mesmerizing palaces and fortes, the vibrant culture, and above all the royal hospitality float on your eyes.Several reasons are there for being Rajasthan a global attraction and the tourist destination. Wherever you go to Rajasthan, the local people will call you ‘Hukum’ and greet you telling ‘Namaste’ by folding palms on the chest. This is Rajasthan culture will fascinate you at every tourist spot of the state.
Some of the places are illustrated below:-
Royal Places of Attraction
- Ajmer — The city has a rich culture of both Hindu and Islamic heritage. The tomb Ajmer Sherifis famous next to the Mecca after the name of great Sufi saint KhwajaMoin-ud-din-Chisti, a revered shrine to both Hindus and Muslims.
- Pushkar — Pushkar is one of the most sacred towns to the Hindus. The Holy Lake and Brahma Temple. Don’t miss the Camel fair at Pushkar.
- Bikaner — Bikaner is popular for its Lalgarh palace and Junagarh Fort.
- Bharatpur — One of the most famous bird sanctuary, Keoladeo National park is at Bharatpur where thousands of species of birds are gathered from different parts of the world.
- Chittaurgarh — One of the largest forts is at Chittaurgarh where Rani Padmini and others committed Jauhar.
- Jaipur — Thepink city Jaipur is well known for its famous Amber Fort, HawaMahal, City Palace, and JantarMantar. The TajRambagh Palace in Jaipur is one of the exciting luxury hotels in India.
- Jodhpur — The city Jodhpur is famous for the majestic Mehrangarh Fort and UmaidBhawan Palace. UmaidBhawan Palace is now one of the fascinating heritage hotels in Rajasthan part of which is managed by Taj Hotels group.
- Jaisalmer — The city is historically famous for many havelis and Jaisalmer Fort. It is also a prominently distinguished for the Sam sand dunes. Desert camping is one of the most enchanting experiences here.
- Udaipur — The capital city of Mewar was Udaipur. The City Palace of Udaipur, the Lake Pichola, theJagdish Temple are the main attractions of Udaipur.The Rajputana resort Udaipur is the gateway on the outskirts of Udaipur.
- Ranthambhore — it is one of the attractive tourist spots in Rajasthan for its Tiger safari.
- Mount Abu — the Mount Abu should not be missed while touring in Rajasthan. The most famous spot in the Mount Abu is the Dilwara Jain Temple.
- Sariska National Park — it is a tiger reserve situated a protected place in the Alwar district of Rajasthan. The national park is famous for its wildlife. Sariska National Park safari is a thrilling attraction for the tourists.