Surrounded by the Aravallis, Narlai is a quaint little hamlet situated between Jodhpur and Udaipur. The Narlai village is unlike any other thing you’ll witness in the royal state of Rajasthan. Dotted with temples, caves and thorny outcrops, Narlai is solely visited for the celebrated heritage resort Rawla Narlai. Rawla Narlai offers to its guests an experience beyond vacations. The heritage resort-Rawla Narlai has diligently crafted an intriguing package that is simply beyond the bourgeois heritage experiences and customary countryside trips.
This riveting package includes:
1. Dinner at the Step Well: The experience commences as the guests begin to gather at the resort’s courtyard. Blazoned by turbans and scarf, the guests savour the welcome drink while the royals residing regales them with folklores and village’s history. The visitants are then guided to the destination that is lit by hundreds of lamps. What follows this mesmerizing experience is a culinary experience that ends with a cup of calming herbal tea.
2. Lakeside Tea: The regal visitors can opt for a trip to a nearby lake and enjoy the serene, natural beauty accompanied by a variety of migratory birds nesting around the lake.
3. Countryside Safari: Exploring the neighbouring region of Godwad is also an option for the guests. It can be explored through Jeeps and includes nearby village where one can see skilled craftsmen practicing their trade, traditional working farms and beautifully built temples.
4. Leopard Sighting: The rugged region of Godwad is also a suitable habitat for the leopards. Moving around in customized jeeps, one can witness this graceful, solitary cat. These cats blend magically into the backdrop and sometimes it becomes difficult to spot one.
5. Visit to the Cave Temple: About after a 100 steps into the Narlai hill, you will reach a temple inside the hill dedicated to Lord Shiva.
6. Trekking and Train Safari: Rawla Narlai also caters to those with an adventurous heart. To those who would like to venture into the deep and explore the rugged countryside on foot, Narlai offers a few routes not lasting more than a few hours. You’ll be accompanied by guides well-versed with the areas around. Rawla Narlai also organizes half day drips on the meter gauge train that runs through the countryside.
7. Hike to the Elephant Hill: Those who climb to the hilltop are endowed with a mesmerizing view. The hike of over 700 steps is exhausting yet exhilarating. The summit has a statue of a white elephant and gives a spectacular view of sunrise and sunset.
Rawla Narlai is not just another heritage resort. It is a tranquil getaway and a stroke of luck that lets it guests detach from the city’s hustle-bustle and exposes them to the sober countryside that is as delightful as any contemporary profusion.